Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Moody blue

After the success of my first Etsy sale I've since had a request about whether I make flower brooches... So for the last few days I've been having a go at designing my own pattern for one and this is what I've come up with.

This is a three layer crochet flower brooch (with another of my favourite hand dyed buttons on - in a larger size than those I use on the hair clips) all crocheted together in one piece with a brooch fastening sewn on the the back. It measures 3" across and would look great as an accessory on a hat/bag/coat.

I really love the blues that I've used here - so I'm tempted to make another for myself. I'm also hoping to try a couple more brooch designs but that will probably take me another month to get around to (I'm still in the middle of a butterfly craze)... so keep an eye out here for some new designs soon.

Seeing as my hair clips seem to be quite popular at the moment I've also made up a couple of pairs of flower clips using the same violet yarn that I used in the centre flower on my brooch. These little pretties are very soft and slightly fuzzy - no idea what the yarn is though as I bought it from a mystery selection of yarn last year. 

I hope I haven't left any of you feeling 'blue'!

Now back to butterflies - I can't wait to show you all what I've come up with :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog Jessica! I think your little hair slides and flower brooches are soooo pretty! And it is great to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete