Thursday, 31 May 2012

Design ideas

Now I've got my range of booties made up and in my shop I'm keen to get started on a few more different items. My long term plan is to stock a range of crochet items for babies & children so as well as my booties I'm hoping to sell some pretty crochet garlands and a range of crochet accessories like hairslides & brooches.

This rainbow butterfly garland is a quick prototype (made using the free butterfly pattern by Lilyheart designs) that I made up for my recent Butterfly Tea Party (you can read about the party on my other craft blog Jess gets crafty). This one is pretty long (roughly 4m) - I'm hoping to do shorter garlands to decorate children's rooms.

As I'm in a butterfly haze at the moment I also want to design some pretty butterfly hairslides. I've made up a few in crochet thread using the lovely pattern by Chrissy (available as a free Ravelry download here) as gifts already.

So now I'm off to have a go at designing my own crochet butterfly pattern and hopefully I'll have some more butterflies to show you all soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica
    I am your newest follower.
    I've been looking at those adorable shoes you make for babies they are sooo cute. I do like the variety of colours you have used too. I also like these butterfly clips.

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merhaba Jessica,ben de kelebeksever biri olarak seni tebrik ederim.Çok güzel Kelebekler örmüşsünüz.Türkiye'den sevgiler gönderiyorum.

    ReplyDelete